Thursday 16 November 2017, 6pm
ABB, 111 Main North Rd, Hawke’s Bay Airport
30 people maximum, members only please
To secure your place, please send an email to:
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. For more than four decades, they have been at the forefront, innovating digitally connected and enabled industrial equipment and systems. Every day, they drive efficiency, safety and productivity in utilities, industry, transport and infrastructure globally. With a heritage spanning more than 130 years, ABB operates in more than 100 countries and employs around 132,000 people.
The ABB site in Napier designs and manufactures power conditioning products, which are used by customers worldwide, who need a reliable power supply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their customers include:
- semiconductor / automotive / textile industries
- data centres / supercomputers
- shore-to-ship / marine / oil & gas industries
- plastics / cable extrusion / pharmaceutical manufacturers.
We will be hosted by Nick Elliott, R&D Manager and Scott Styles, Principal Engineer, for a presentation on the business, including latest developments, and a factory tour.
Please note dress code:
- flat (i.e. no heels), close fitting (i.e. not loose fitting ballet-type), fully closed-in shoes
- trousers (shorts are not acceptable).
ABB will provide safety glasses and hearing protection.